Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Seussical has come to an end!!! Sob!

www.888dag.com

Last Friday was .....wow!! It was a lovely performance! Full on musical, even though I am profoundly Deaf I ensured I was in the front row with my family in order to be able to see easily as well as feeling the vibrations of the singing and dancing of the kids, my two girls included!!

The preparations went well....another session of hair teasing. Didn't I mention the infected finger?? Yes, after the first performance my finger was playing up so went to the doctor and she reckoned there was some kind of foreign body visiting my finger so it got infected! I am now on a course of antibiotics!

After 4 sessions, I got to know the kids more as well as meeting new parents. The benefit of that is I went to the netball rep trials the following Sunday and met up one of the new mums who helped out with Seussical otherwise I could have ended up all day alone not knowing anyone!!

If you have kids and have some time, worthwhile being involved in your kids activities!

Breathe! Breathe! Breathe!!

4 comments:

Madame Synesthesia said...

Congratulations on making it through the Seussical- even with a foreign body in your finger. I guess it hadn't heard that you 'Don't Mess With Mum'! :o)

TomDiggleHarry said...

Go mum! Go! You're fantaseussic!

schatzi said...

good on ya Mum! About the infected finger; could've been a hair. My ex-husband is a hairdresser and he had it a couple of times where a hair had wiggled it's way into his finger, presumably via a pore, and infected it!

Lise said...

Yes something like Hairdresserditits!! Its defnitely getting better as its all drying and peeling!! Still not a pretty sight but getting better!!